Needle felting student punch with 3 needles (gauge medium 36). The needles are made from high quality carbon steel.
– safely store 3 needles
– high quality carbon steel
Getting started with Needle Felting
Needle felting is the exciting process of transforming wool into 3D objects, or adding details to wet felting, using a barbed needle.
Choosing a felting needle
We recommend you buy at least two of your desired needles because they tend to break when you first start out. Each type of needle performs a function:
Choosing a Felting Fibre
We have many fibres to play with, keep the following in mind when choosing:
- Karakul makes for a good base to felt over – it is inexpensive and used to create basic shapes that can be felted over by your chosen fibre.
- Depending on your project, choose your favourite felting fibre
- Locks are often used for doll hair, we have dyed locks and undyed locks
- DO NOT buy superwash, this fibre does not felt