Our needle felting kit contains everything you need, including photo instructions, to create a needle felted ornament in no time. This kit is suitable for absolute beginners, no needle felting or crafting experience needed. Give the gift of learning a new skill and creating something to be proud of for years to come.
Included in the Kit
- 1 x Needle Felting Sponge
- 2 x Cookie Cutter (Random selection, not as pictured)
- 4 x Colour Merino Roving (25g total)
- 1 x White Merino Roving (50g total)
- 2 x All Purpose WoolCraft Felting Needles
- 1 x Nurturing Fibres Eco-Cotton Bon Bon (10g)
- 1 x Sturdy Gift Box
The 1 x Wooden Felting Needle Holder shown in the picture is not included, it is a nice to have and makes the gift extra special but it is not an essential item required for felting. You can buy one over here if you have the budget for a nice add-on > https://woolcraft.co.za/shop/1-needle-felting-holder/
**Rovings are 100% South African Merino**
More Info on Needle felting
Needle felting is the exciting process of transforming wool into 3D objects, or adding details to wet felting, using a barbed needle.
Choosing a felting needle
We recommend you buy at least two of your desired needles because they tend to break when you first start out. Each type of needle performs a function:
Choosing a Felting Fibre
We have many fibres to play with, keep the following in mind when choosing:
- Karakul makes for a good base to felt over – it is inexpensive and used to create basic shapes that can be felted over by your chosen fibre.
- Depending on your project, choose your favourite felting fibre
- Locks are often used for doll hair, we have dyed locks and undyed locks
- DO NOT buy superwash, this fibre does not felt